Sunday 8 March 2015

Running Diary 23/02/15- 01/03/15

 On the train back to Edinburgh from Lancaster I read OM Yoga magazine and it reminded me of how much I enjoy Yoga and its meditative and strengthening benefits. It is also really important as a runner to have good flexibility and increase strength through deep stretches to reduce possible injuries. I've decided to go to a Yoga class at least once a week, not only am I looking forward to the relaxing and strengthening aspects but also trying out a different exercise as I feel running can sometimes be very exhausting physically and psychologically.

Monday-  Day off running- I went to a Vinyasa yoga class at Meadowlark Yoga in Edinburgh. The class very very energetic and had good practise moves for head stands- which I still cannot do. I enjoyed the deep stretches and the flowing sequences of the class and it was good to focus on my breathing and stretch my muscles after the long run yesterday. 5 mile walk

Tuesday- 10.00 AM 6.25 mile run- steady run down The Water of Leith to Roseburn and round  to Inverleith park once with a steep hill to end.

Wednesday- Day off. 4 mile walk

Thursday-  10.00 AM 6.75 mile run  down the Water of Leith to the port of Leith and back to Stockbridge. Hill at the end. 

Friday- 7.30 AM Day off running- 60 length swim.

Saturday- 9.30 AM Park run- 5km race- This was the first park run I attended at Crammond beach that wasn't icy! I acheived a personal best for this race of 24 minutes, 23 seconds.

Sunday- 9.00 AM 12 miles Craiglockart to Balerno long run with Edinburgh Athletics Club- This run was quite hilly and my legs felt a bit sore from the Park run. I enjoyed the run and running with other people kept me going for the 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment