Sunday 22 February 2015

Running Diary 16/02/2015- 22/02/2015

Here is my second weekly running Diary. I went to visit my Mum and youngest sister and brother in Lancaster this week. Lancaster is really good for running and I really miss the scenic routes down the Lancaster Canal, the Quay, Crook o' Lune and up to Williamson Park. The hill up to Willimamson Park is really tough but I enjoy it as I feel a sense of achievement when I get to the top and I try to get a little further each time. Hill running even at a slow pace is really good to build up strength in the legs. It's also worth the run up the hill for the views of Lancaster and Morecambe which are beautiful from the top of Williamson park.

Monday- Day off- Recovering from the 10 mile run yesterday.

Tuesday- 10.30 AM 7 mile run around Lancaster, very hilly, still sore from drills from Saturday session. Very nice and refreshing to run around home town, down to the canal and the Quay, Lancaster Castle and up to Williamson Park and home.

Wednesday- 9.30 AM 4.5 mile run. Ran down the Lancaster canal and up to Williamson Park. Hilly.

Thursday- Day off.

Friday- 9.30 AM Approx 6 mile run down to the canal, to the Quay and through Haverbreaks which has a very steep hill.

Saturday 9.30 AM - Edinburgh Park run. 5 km. Very icy and slow start due to lots of people. Finished in exactley 25 minutes.

Sunday- 9.00 AM Edinburgh Athletics Club- Long distance run starting at Craiglockart- Ran 11 miles at around 9.5 minutes a mile.

Total distance: 32.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment