Sunday 22 February 2015

Running Diary 9/02/2015- 15/02/2015

The past few weeks has seen me building up my miles gradually, which has mainly been down to running with Edinburgh Athletics Club. I've been thinking about logging the miles to see how I progress over the months up to the Edinburgh Marathon and from encouragement from a fellow runner, I'm finally getting to it. I've also added my swims and walks which I could count as cross training. I usuallly have two days off a week but I usually feel a bit cranky on those days so it would be good to do some Yoga or ballet to improve my flexibility and breathing and try something new and fun.


Monday 9th February- Day off-  Approx Walk 3 miles

Tuesday 10th February- Walk 3 miles, 1.PM 8.5 mile run to Arthur's Seat and back to Stockbridge. (very long, felt tired and lots of stops because of roads and people)

Wednesday 11th February- Walk 5 miles,  6PM EAC Women's running club. 3 mile sprint session. Run fast for 3 minutes 8 times and jog continously for 3 miles, 1.75 mile run back home.

Thursday 12th February- 7.30 AM 60 length swim. Approx 4 mile walk.

Friday 13th February Day off- Approx 2.5  mile walk

Saturday 14th February- 10 AM-EAC training session, 6, 15 second sprints,  endurance session 20-25 minutes, 6, 15 second sprints. 4 mile jog Approx 2 mile walk

Sunday 15th February- 9 AM EAC distance session stating at Craiglockhart sports centre down the Water of Leith towards Balerno. 10 mile run with running partner. Time went very fast when chatting with a fellow runner. Approx 3 mile walk.

The sprint sessions help my stamina and the long distance on Sunday helped me see how I can build up the miles gradually making the 26.2 mile Marathon seem less daunting. I'm looking forward to the Sunday runs, next week 11 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment