Thursday 23 April 2015

Running Diary 23/03/15- 29/03/15

Monday- Today I went for swim after the long 15 mile run. I did 60 lengths.

Tuesday- Today I set out to run 7 miles but unfortunatly had a fall on the first mile. I badly hit my knee, shoulder and bruised my chin and lip. I booked a doctor's appointment the same day and after a check-up I was advised to take a week off running. Thankfully nothing serious but my leg was very swollen and difficult to walk on.

Wednesday- Day off. I found it very difficult to walk today but felt better than yesterday!

Thursday- I went for a 60 length swim, it was quite painful to move my knee and shoulder but the pain eased after a few lengths. I went to the sauna to relax my muscles after.

Friday- I went for another 60 length swim.

Saturday- 60 length swim

Sunday- 60 length swim

I'm looking forward to getting back to running next week but it has been good to have more of a relaxing week of exercise. An experienced runner friend from Edinburgh Athletics advised me that this is a good time to take a break before a Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment