Sunday 3 May 2015

30/03/15- 06/04/15

Monday- 1.00pm- Today was my first day back running after nearly a week off after my fall. I ran a total of 6.5 miles from Stockbridge down the Water of Leith and back. I really like this route as it has lots of different terrains and it is lovely to run along the water. It doesn't seem to take very long too,  a good run to ease back into my running routine.

Tuesday- 9.00 am- I went for a 60 length swim at Glenogle swim centre in Stockbridge.

Wednesday- 1.00pm Afternoon run to Leith and back. I had an essay due in the morning and a deadline the next day so thought I would skip evening women's running club and get some energy for my busy day.

Thursday- Day off. I walked to Leith from Edinburgh College of Art and down to Canon Mills so I think I walked about 4 miles.

Friday- 7 mile run to Leith down the Water of Leith and back to Stockbidge. I've done this run a lot this week but I enjoy the route so it doesn't seem monotonous! Travelled to Lancaster to visit my mum for the week so am planning some scenic Lancaster runs.

Saturday-  Day off- We went to Ambleside for the day- everyone else had the same idea as it was a lovely, sunny Easter weekend so the town was very busy. I had a lovely Egyptian fava bean stew at the Rattle Gill Cafe-perfect fuel for tomorrow's 16 mile run!

Sunday- Graeme and I had ran  to the Crook O' Lune, down the Quay and then back to Lancaster totalling 16 miles. The Crook o' Lune is a magical place to visit, a walker's and cyclists's destination. One of my favourite parts in the bridge with willow lettering it feels like running into a new world, full of towering trees, lakes and wooden animals.




No comments:

Post a Comment