Monday 5 January 2015

Edinburgh Marathon 2015

This year I will be training for my first marathon, the Edinburgh Marathon commencing on the 31st May 2015. I have decided to raise money for Scottish Mental Health Association, (SAMH) as my father, David Willmott who died last December himself suffered from mental health difficulties. My Dad loved running and he used to take my little sister Vicky and I running along the canal in Lancaster. As I got older and started to run by myself, my Dad told me the routes he used to like to run before he became ill. Running has always made me feel close to my Dad as I remember our early runs together that felt like an adventure, discovering secret paths and woodland routes and his encouraging motto to always run the extra mile. I have been running for over five years now and it has become a way of life for me. Running eases any worries I may have, keeps me fit and provides me with energy and enthusiasm. I really believe exercise is essential to our well being and encouraging good health, mentally and physically.
Through fundraising and training I hope to raise awareness of mental health and support the pioneering work of SAMH. If you would like to donate to my fundraising you can send money safely through my JustGiving page. I'm looking forward to the challenge, raising awareness of mental health and running in memory of my Dad.

Dad and I at Williamson Park, Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment